Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:50:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

ARB Articles

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1820
  • Total Topics: 415
  • Online Today: 146
  • Online Ever: 152
  • (Yesterday at 08:59:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Shoutbox

intangybles

2023 Dec 03 18:01:16
Sadly.. GOTHEM has.... For the present!

intangybles

2023 Nov 29 19:04:54
Last chance! Get those GOTHEM's in!

NinjaKat

2023 Nov 01 21:48:53
November GOTHEM now live!  Have fun!  ;D

intangybles

2023 Oct 19 20:43:06
Don't forget the October GOTHEM Games are live! Come and join the fun!  :)

NinjaKat

2023 Sep 01 07:21:02
September games are live!  This month we have 2 NEW games to the Amiga - I am keen to try Xevious 1200 - an accurate conversion from the Arcade, released this year!!  ;D

Author Topic: Suggestions for MOD Players  (Read 14122 times)

Offline NinjaKat

• Alex Dillon
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 16
  • awards Wicked - Winning Score: 41190 Beam Bender - Winning Score: 128 Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe - Winning Score: 30 - 104 Armchair Assassin (The T.V. Chubbies in...) - Winning Score: 117 for 8 chubbies Jet Strike - Winning Score: 3990 Quak - Winning Score: 172050 Over The Net - Winning Score: Loss 15-06 2nd Set Naughty Ones - Winning Score: 24000 Rygar: Legendary Warrior - Winning Score: 83672 Space Invaders Amiga - Winning Score: 5650
    • NinjaKat
    • Awards
Suggestions for MOD Players
« on: January 06, 2020, 09:22:11 pm »
Hi all,
I am a bit new to MOD files but enjoying listing to them lately!  Just want to know suggestions/recommendations for good full screen players?  It would be great if they also allowed random selections of MODs from subfolders also.
Thanks!
Alex.
My Amigas:
A1200, ACA1233n-26.67, Gotek, IDE2SD 32GB, WB3.1.4, HID2AMI (Gaming)
A2000, Gotek, A2091 SCSI, SCSI2SD 32GB, WB3.1, HID2AMI (Apps & dev)
NinjaKat console - mini arcade cabinet powered by Amiberry/Raspberry Pi 4
A500 Mini

Offline intangybles

• Mark Casteleijn
  • Hero Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 7
  • Captain Scarlet
  • awards BlitzWays - Winning Score: 30022 Alien Breed 3D - Win due to most progression! James Pond 2 (Codename RoboCod) - Winning Score: 102900 Do! Run Run - Winning Score: 17140 Zool: Ninja of the "Nth" Dimension (AGA) - Winning Score: 66970 Fire & Ice - Winning Score: 18300 Dune - Winning Review!
    • Awards
Re: Suggestions for MOD Players
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 01:26:03 pm »
I truly don't remember what I used to use! Must have a hunt through the archives I have of my old ZIP disks.. seem to recall I had loads of mods on them and players too!

Hi all,
I am a bit new to MOD files but enjoying listing to them lately!  Just want to know suggestions/recommendations for good full screen players?  It would be great if they also allowed random selections of MODs from subfolders also.
Thanks!
Alex.
S.I.G
A1200 - 8M & CF HDD, Vampire V4 - SA & Checkmate A1500 Mini (MiSTiX) - OS 3.1.4 (MiSTer Powered)
Amithlon Laptop, NinjaKat Bar-top Games console & NABU PC with Pi server

Offline epsilon

• Full Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 13
  • Loving Classic and NG Amigas
  • awards Simulcra - Winning Score: 25725
    • Epsilon's World
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 02:28:29 pm »
Hi all,
Thanks!
Alex.

I love listening to Amiga mods! Since 1988 in fact! :-)

There are many different players, and all have varying degrees for support for the many different Amiga mod and custom mod formats (Protracker, MOD, MED, CUS, DW, OLDDW, JC, TF, TFMX, SMUS, Sonix, etc) used over the years. Many also support later formats like S3M, XM, IT, DBM, and so on.

For Classic Amiga systems, I generally use Delitracker and Eagleplayer, as they both have almost complete support for all mod formats. Hippoplayer support many mod formats, but not all of them.

You can get all of them for free from Aminet. Eagleplayer was a commercial product, but is now free and the key is available on Aminet too. Make sure to get all the module format addons (not all are included in the base archive) for full support.

http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/DeliTracker234

Generally if I want to randomize mods I select all the mods I want in a program/playlist, save it, and then shuffle that. Then I don't have to keep selecting songs to play.

FYI You can also play back C64 SID audio files, Spectrum files and many other formats too.

For AmigaOS 4.1FE (NextGen Amiga), for mod players I use TuneNet (A-eon commercial product available on Amistore) and AmigaAmp (free). Both of these also support streaming internet audio too. You can use Digibooster Pro (Commercial product) to compose modules in DBM format, or Schismtracker (free).

On my modern Windows PC I also use Deliplayer, which is the successor to Delitracker for Amiga, and supports most of the formats. This is harder to get hold of as the developer stopped working on it, but a quick google will turn it up. For modern tracking needs, I use the commercial product Renoise (Windows/Mac/Linux)

On my iPhone I use an app called Modizer which supports all the Amiga mod formats (and plenty of others too!). I have all my favourite mods available to listen to on the go, and at home.

I have composed a few mods of my own too on the Amiga using Protracker during my time in The Experience demo group in the 1990's. You can get them on Aminet if you want. I did some later IT modules using ImpulseTracker on the PC, which you can listen to on my Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/epsilon2012 .

If you have an NextGen Amiga (AmigaOS4/MorphOS), Windows or Mac you can use Schismtracker (free) to create and play back modules, or for Linux try Open Cubic Player too, which works well in full screen.

Maybe too much info looking back on my post - hope this helps anyway.

Catcha,
Epsilon

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 02:30:11 pm by Epsilon »
Please visit my blog at: http://epsilonsworld.com

Offline power

• Peter
  • Full Supporter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 01:13:11 pm »
back in the day my preferred player was OctaMED

Offline intangybles

• Mark Casteleijn
  • Hero Supporter
  • Captain Scarlet
  • awards BlitzWays - Winning Score: 30022 Alien Breed 3D - Win due to most progression! James Pond 2 (Codename RoboCod) - Winning Score: 102900 Do! Run Run - Winning Score: 17140 Zool: Ninja of the "Nth" Dimension (AGA) - Winning Score: 66970 Fire & Ice - Winning Score: 18300 Dune - Winning Review!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 03:34:23 pm »
That was the very one I was trying to think of!

Yes.. used it a lot on all my Amiga's

back in the day my preferred player was OctaMED
S.I.G
A1200 - 8M & CF HDD, Vampire V4 - SA & Checkmate A1500 Mini (MiSTiX) - OS 3.1.4 (MiSTer Powered)
Amithlon Laptop, NinjaKat Bar-top Games console & NABU PC with Pi server

Recent Topics