Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:45:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

ARB Articles

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1820
  • Total Topics: 415
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 152
  • (Yesterday at 08:59:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

Shoutbox

intangybles

2023 Dec 03 18:01:16
Sadly.. GOTHEM has.... For the present!

intangybles

2023 Nov 29 19:04:54
Last chance! Get those GOTHEM's in!

NinjaKat

2023 Nov 01 21:48:53
November GOTHEM now live!  Have fun!  ;D

intangybles

2023 Oct 19 20:43:06
Don't forget the October GOTHEM Games are live! Come and join the fun!  :)

NinjaKat

2023 Sep 01 07:21:02
September games are live!  This month we have 2 NEW games to the Amiga - I am keen to try Xevious 1200 - an accurate conversion from the Arcade, released this year!!  ;D

Author Topic: What Amiga based Project(s) are you currently working on?  (Read 35737 times)

Offline intangybles

• Mark Casteleijn
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hero Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 7
  • Captain Scarlet
  • awards BlitzWays - Winning Score: 30022 Alien Breed 3D - Win due to most progression! James Pond 2 (Codename RoboCod) - Winning Score: 102900 Zool: Ninja of the "Nth" Dimension (AGA) - Winning Score: 66970 Do! Run Run - Winning Score: 17140 Fire & Ice - Winning Score: 18300 Dune - Winning Review!
    • Awards
Re: What Amiga based Project(s) are you currently working on?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 09:56:06 am »
Not at all. I don't think the MiST hardware gets much love these days, but the MiSTer is still under very active development, as is Minimig. There seems to be new cores coming to both projects regularly.

You wouldn't be able to post a couple of links perhaps? I got totally lost when I had a search!

Thank you!

P.S. perhaps you could post that in the projects section?

For sure. I'll coble something together over the weekend. Bit of a showcase with relevant links and tips perhaps.

Was looking at the Facebook posts! Look WOW!

If I can sell my C64 that may well be where the money goes! ;-)
S.I.G
A1200 - 8M & CF HDD, Vampire V4 - SA & Checkmate A1500 Mini (MiSTiX) - OS 3.1.4 (MiSTer Powered)
Amithlon Laptop, NinjaKat Bar-top Games console & NABU PC with Pi server

Offline epsilon

• Full Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 13
  • Loving Classic and NG Amigas
  • awards Simulcra - Winning Score: 25725
    • Epsilon's World
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 11:03:31 am »
Hi All,

I recently completed my latest Amiga project - moving my Amiga 500 system into the new Checkmate A1500 Plus case.

This included installing the Vampire 500 later as well. I covered both parts in my blog here with loads of photos and descriptions of the work done:

http://amigax1000.blogspot.com/2019/10/checkmate-a1500-plus-with-amiga-500.html

http://amigax1000.blogspot.com/2019/11/checkmate-a1500-plus-with-vampire-500v2.html

Next project I am looking at is rehousing my Amiga 1200 into one of those new Amiga 1200 re-make cases. Waiting to receive my case - ordered locally from Retrokit during the black friday sale. :-)

Catcha,
Epsilon
Please visit my blog at: http://epsilonsworld.com

Offline power

• Peter
  • Full Supporter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 06:03:30 pm »
I recently acquired my first Amiga 1200, the IDE port was a bit butchered so i've sent it away to be replaced and while it's there recapped.

Next thing to do will be to decide amongst the myriad of accelerators and IDE options what is the best to go with.

Offline Jono75

• Jonathan Richter
  • Retro Credit: 0
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 01:37:06 pm »
I am selling my CDTV to fund the purchase of an A1200 along with upgrading my 500

looking at purchasing with Gotek with OLED Mod and Rotary encoder with DF0/DF1 selector for the 500
long with a USB mouse adaptor so I can use a modern mouse
along with a solution for using a LCD screen so a few things on the go...

Any recommendations on who to buy through?

Recently sold a C64 to help fund this work but still have my mini and Pi if I want a c64 game....   

Offline power

• Peter
  • Full Supporter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 11:52:34 am »
I bought a DF0/DF1 switcher from sordan.ie and a full gotek (with the screen and dial and stuff) from amigastore.eu, very happy with both. I put the gotek in an external FDD and it worked perfectly.

shame you are selling the CDTV, the gotek works perfectly on that too also the CDTV is a little more capable and being that you have the keyboard yeah, it is in all honestly probably a better machine to have than a 500.

i also went ball mouse, i have black and also a white modern Amiga mouse. The CDTV accepts them with a cable you can buy from eBay. I just love the CDTV keyboard, it is so nice to use.

https://sordan.ie/product/530/boot-selector-df0df1-df1df0-signal-sel0-from-sel1-amiga-500/

https://amigastore.eu/en/245-original-amiga-mouse.html

https://amigastore.eu/en/323-usb-floppy-emulator-gotek.html
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:00:06 pm by power »

Offline quantum8

• Jacob
  • Full Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 12
  • awards The Chaos Engine - Winning Score: 2085 Ruff 'n' Tumble - Winning Score: 71100 Bobble  Puzzle - Winning Score: 4 Exile - Winning Score: 2092 Cannon Fodder: Amiga Format Christmas Special - Winning Review Tiger Claw - Winning Score: 7335 Super Skidmarks - Winning Lap: 1:03.3 Simon the Sorcerer - Winning Review! Smarty and the Nasty Gluttons - Winning Score: 37380 Deluxe Galaga - Winning Score: 674935
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 02:01:56 pm »
I finally got my 4000 up and running on 3.5 with a 16gb card!

Just have to do some repairs on the memory sockets so it can detect the full amount as currently it only reads anything higher than 4mb sporadically due to the broken clips.

Offline ARB Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Full Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 13
  • I plan to live forever! or die trying!
    • Intangybles
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 02:05:06 pm »
Sale post has been moved to the ARBTrade area.

I am selling my CDTV to fund the purchase of an A1200 along with upgrading my 500

looking at purchasing with Gotek with OLED Mod and Rotary encoder with DF0/DF1 selector for the 500
long with a USB mouse adaptor so I can use a modern mouse
along with a solution for using a LCD screen so a few things on the go...

Any recommendations on who to buy through?

Recently sold a C64 to help fund this work but still have my mini and Pi if I want a c64 game....
I plan to live forever! or die trying!

Offline Amigaman

• Ross Vumbaca
  • Jr. Supporter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 10:55:53 am »
I recently acquired my first Amiga 1200, the IDE port was a bit butchered so i've sent it away to be replaced and while it's there recapped.

Next thing to do will be to decide amongst the myriad of accelerators and IDE options what is the best to go with.

Out of interest, did you send your machine overseas?

Offline Exfso

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 04:25:42 pm »
I am new to this forum, looks to be very nice.  Currently having  my 4000 re-capped in an attempt to get it up and running.  Had it since new and had been sitting in shed for last 28 years in its original packaging. Obviously the battery had leaked as well.  Also have a 2000 that I have also had since new, likewise been in shed all packed away nicely, so that will require refurbishing as well.

Offline Exfso

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2020, 04:34:20 pm »
I should have added that Amigaman here is doing the re-capping, he has been excellent to communicate with, definitely very helpful.

Offline power

• Peter
  • Full Supporter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 11:36:16 am »

Out of interest, did you send your machine overseas?

just noticed this question, no i sent it to a guy in NSW. He's a recommended installer of DCHDMI and WiiDual on the retrorgb website - does great work and is quick and well priced!

Offline quantum8

• Jacob
  • Full Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 12
  • awards The Chaos Engine - Winning Score: 2085 Ruff 'n' Tumble - Winning Score: 71100 Bobble  Puzzle - Winning Score: 4 Exile - Winning Score: 2092 Cannon Fodder: Amiga Format Christmas Special - Winning Review Tiger Claw - Winning Score: 7335 Super Skidmarks - Winning Lap: 1:03.3 Simon the Sorcerer - Winning Review! Smarty and the Nasty Gluttons - Winning Score: 37380 Deluxe Galaga - Winning Score: 674935
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 09:44:48 pm »
Have to repair my 4000's mouse & joystick now. Buttons work but no movement. Hopefully it's just a chip replacement and not some damaged traces.

Offline Amigaman

• Ross Vumbaca
  • Jr. Supporter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 02:07:05 pm »
Have to repair my 4000's mouse & joystick now. Buttons work but no movement. Hopefully it's just a chip replacement and not some damaged traces.

Do you mean that you need to repair the mouse/joystick ports? Some critical traces and parts for the RTC and both the joystick ports are located fairly close to the RTC Battery.

If the battery has previously leaked severely, then these parts and the traces underneath and around the area can be damaged. This will kill the movement in your joystick ports (fire button/right button should still work) and it can also prevent the RTC from working.

I just repaired a non-working RTC in Exsfo's A4000 which was due to this (damaged IC, and a broken trace). Fortunately the parts/traces for the joystick ports were OK.

It seems to be a common issue if the battery has leaked.

Offline birdhandler

• Marc Falconer
  • Jr. Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 14
  • 500, 500+, 600, 1200, 2000, CD32, 4000T, X5000
  • awards Shaq Fu - Winning Score: 93772 Nicky Boom - Winning Score: 234950
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 03:08:34 pm »
Now that we're on lockdown, I've stopped the retro spending  :( ...but like all good hoarders...I mean 'collectors' I've managed to stockpile some items  ;) So, there's lot's of recap work to do including my CD32, 1200 and the AV Module and the board itself on the 4000T. I recapped the Disk Module and the 3640 a few months ago which went well with no lifted traces, fingers crossed the rest go the same way!

I also bought a new 2000 board from Paul Rezendes (Acill) and the set of passives & logic chips from Mouser, so there's plenty of work in that...estimated 20 hours of soldering. I'll try and save as much components as possible from the old 2000, but not looking forward to removing the Zorro 2 slots!

The CD1200[nest] project is on hold/the go slow for the time being. There's considerable cash investments i'll need to make to progress to the next stage and there's still a few critical items left unsolved being the CD eject/change mechanism, the hinge which is currently pretty flimsy and the interface board with audio mixer circuitry. Injection moulding even to test is expensive.

Working from home, I'm going to take advantage and do some retro-briting Amiga and other computers and consoles! The QLD sun still shines  8)
A500 : A501
A500+ : A501+, A570
A500+
A600
A1200 : Blizzard 1230 MkIV 64Mb, SCSI
A1200 : TerribleFire 1260, Indi AGA Mk3
A1200 : Blizzard PPC 060/603@240Mhz, 128Mb RAM
A2000 : Buddha IDE, 2088XT, 2091
A4000T : 3640, Mediator, Voodoo3 3000, G4 PPC@450Mhz 128Mb, Spider2 USB
CD32

Offline Amigaman

• Ross Vumbaca
  • Jr. Supporter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 10:24:22 am »
The CD1200[nest] project is on hold/the go slow for the time being. There's considerable cash investments i'll need to make to progress to the next stage and there's still a few critical items left unsolved being the CD eject/change mechanism, the hinge which is currently pretty flimsy and the interface board with audio mixer circuitry. Injection moulding even to test is expensive.

What's that project??

Recent Topics