Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 01:30:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

ARB Articles

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1820
  • Total Topics: 415
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 88
  • (December 04, 2020, 09:56:02 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Shoutbox

intangybles

2023 Dec 03 18:01:16
Sadly.. GOTHEM has.... For the present!

intangybles

2023 Nov 29 19:04:54
Last chance! Get those GOTHEM's in!

NinjaKat

2023 Nov 01 21:48:53
November GOTHEM now live!  Have fun!  ;D

intangybles

2023 Oct 19 20:43:06
Don't forget the October GOTHEM Games are live! Come and join the fun!  :)

NinjaKat

2023 Sep 01 07:21:02
September games are live!  This month we have 2 NEW games to the Amiga - I am keen to try Xevious 1200 - an accurate conversion from the Arcade, released this year!!  ;D

Author Topic: What Amiga based Project(s) are you currently working on?  (Read 35057 times)

Offline kritikal

• Marcus
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Retro Credit: 3
  • Smile
    • Awards
What Amiga based Project(s) are you currently working on?
« on: October 24, 2019, 11:31:59 am »
A Forum starter to get discussion growing...

What are you currently spending time on?

Personally I am going down the path of Replacing CD32 SMD electrolytic capacitor's, at an early stage so far.

CD32 with extra's :)

Offline ARB Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Full Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 13
  • I plan to live forever! or die trying!
    • Intangybles
    • Awards
Re: What Amiga based Project(s) are you currently working on?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 12:00:35 pm »
Great start Thank you!

My current project is this Forum!  ;)

I plan to live forever! or die trying!

Offline quantum8

• Jacob
  • Full Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 12
  • awards The Chaos Engine - Winning Score: 2085 Ruff 'n' Tumble - Winning Score: 71100 Bobble  Puzzle - Winning Score: 4 Exile - Winning Score: 2092 Cannon Fodder: Amiga Format Christmas Special - Winning Review Tiger Claw - Winning Score: 7335 Super Skidmarks - Winning Lap: 1:03.3 Simon the Sorcerer - Winning Review! Smarty and the Nasty Gluttons - Winning Score: 37380 Deluxe Galaga - Winning Score: 674935
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 08:29:43 pm »
I'm updating my 3000 to 3.1.4.1 on my scsi2sd. Just put a new battery holder in.

Next up I need to find some GALs to replace the PALs...it's rather toasty there at the moment. Not good in this Brisbane heat!

Offline intangybles

• Mark Casteleijn
  • Hero Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 7
  • Captain Scarlet
  • awards BlitzWays - Winning Score: 30022 Alien Breed 3D - Win due to most progression! James Pond 2 (Codename RoboCod) - Winning Score: 102900 Do! Run Run - Winning Score: 17140 Zool: Ninja of the "Nth" Dimension (AGA) - Winning Score: 66970 Fire & Ice - Winning Score: 18300 Dune - Winning Review!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 04:11:57 pm »
Currently no specific projects on the go (outside of the forum).

But I did recently post the following to FB group, thought I would publish it here!

https://www.amigaretro.com/index.php/topic,22.0.html
S.I.G
A1200 - 8M & CF HDD, Vampire V4 - SA & Checkmate A1500 Mini (MiSTiX) - OS 3.1.4 (MiSTer Powered)
Amithlon Laptop, NinjaKat Bar-top Games console & NABU PC with Pi server

Offline matt020

• Matt Webb
  • Jr. Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 6
  • The Big 'Un
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 11:06:51 pm »
I have a spare A2000 motherboard that has corroded pins on pretty much every socket, so I am slowly removing each socket.
It's painful.
500, 2000, 600, 1200, 4000, CD32

Offline intangybles

• Mark Casteleijn
  • Hero Supporter
  • Captain Scarlet
  • awards BlitzWays - Winning Score: 30022 Alien Breed 3D - Win due to most progression! James Pond 2 (Codename RoboCod) - Winning Score: 102900 Do! Run Run - Winning Score: 17140 Zool: Ninja of the "Nth" Dimension (AGA) - Winning Score: 66970 Fire & Ice - Winning Score: 18300 Dune - Winning Review!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 05:10:03 pm »
I don't envy you! I am ever pleased my A2000 was stored well all those years ago! It's not that I mind the restoration work it just finding the time that's hard!
S.I.G
A1200 - 8M & CF HDD, Vampire V4 - SA & Checkmate A1500 Mini (MiSTiX) - OS 3.1.4 (MiSTer Powered)

Offline dextereous

• Grant
  • Retro Credit: 4
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 10:25:18 pm »
Lots of projects on the go, but most I'm just waiting for bits and pieces to arrive. I do finish things, eventually. i swear! :P

A500-8MB-FastRAM and A500-14MHz-Accelerator projects by this guy - https://github.com/kr239/. I'm hoping they'll work in the a2000, but if not, they'll go in my a500s.

ReAmiga 1200. Have all connectors and major ICs, so just need to order passives. I'll kick that one off in around a fortnight (I have the BoM ready to order from Mouser - just need to wrap the bills up first.

A500PlusPlus board ordered. Have some old A500 boards and a few spares laying around, so will mostly just have to order passives for this one. I have a black a500 case ordered in the indigogo campaign, so think it will look spectacular with the purple board.

A2000 6.x replica board by Paul Rezendes ordered. Longer term project that I expect to do early in the new year.

And depending on whether FPGA counts as Amiga (it seems Vampire certainly does!), I've almost completed my MiSTer build. Just waiting for some resistor arrays to arrive from RS components (expected Wednesday) and I can finish the I/O board. I've built 5 of the mini SDRAM boards (all tested stable at 130MHz), an RTC board and a USB hub board. This is an exciting project. I've been testing Minimig on a TC64v2 and it's flawless.

I'll post up pics as I complete them.

Offline quantum8

• Jacob
  • Full Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 12
  • awards The Chaos Engine - Winning Score: 2085 Ruff 'n' Tumble - Winning Score: 71100 Bobble  Puzzle - Winning Score: 4 Exile - Winning Score: 2092 Cannon Fodder: Amiga Format Christmas Special - Winning Review Tiger Claw - Winning Score: 7335 Super Skidmarks - Winning Lap: 1:03.3 Simon the Sorcerer - Winning Review! Smarty and the Nasty Gluttons - Winning Score: 37380 Deluxe Galaga - Winning Score: 674935
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 09:12:32 am »
ReAmiga 1200. Have all connectors and major ICs, so just need to order passives. I'll kick that one off in around a fortnight (I have the BoM ready to order from Mouser - just need to wrap the bills up first.

Now that's something I'd like to do one day.

Where did you source the major ICs from?

Offline intangybles

• Mark Casteleijn
  • Hero Supporter
  • Captain Scarlet
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 01:43:23 pm »

And depending on whether FPGA counts as Amiga (it seems Vampire certainly does!), I've almost completed my MiSTer build. Just waiting for some resistor arrays to arrive from RS components (expected Wednesday) and I can finish the I/O board. I've built 5 of the mini SDRAM boards (all tested stable at 130MHz), an RTC board and a USB hub board. This is an exciting project. I've been testing Minimig on a TC64v2 and it's flawless.

Super interesting in this one too! I thought the "MiSTer / Minimig" was dead?

8)
S.I.G

Offline dextereous

• Grant
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 11:40:25 pm »

Now that's something I'd like to do one day.

Where did you source the major ICs from?

I picked up a spare board some time ago. Managed to repair it so know everything is working, but acquired it solely for the reamiga project so that's where it's gonna end up!

Offline dextereous

• Grant
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 11:49:54 pm »

8)

Not at all. I don't think the MiST hardware gets much love these days, but the MiSTer is still under very active development, as is Minimig. There seems to be new cores coming to both projects regularly.

Offline intangybles

• Mark Casteleijn
  • Hero Supporter
  • Captain Scarlet
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2019, 01:59:46 pm »

8)

Not at all. I don't think the MiST hardware gets much love these days, but the MiSTer is still under very active development, as is Minimig. There seems to be new cores coming to both projects regularly.

You wouldn't be able to post a couple of links perhaps? I got totally lost when I had a search!

Thank you!

P.S. perhaps you could post that in the projects section?
S.I.G

Offline steve

• Steve
  • Jr. Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 11
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 08:21:21 am »
Fixing up and fixed an A2000 Motherboard...I was getting fuzzy screen then found a hairline crack close to the 23 pin video out...now time to test all my Zorro cards ...mainly ram/HDD add-ons :) So hopefully today....will have a real Amiga day :) ps: will skip the GYM :) sweet lazy life (sll)

Offline Gazzmaniac

• Gary
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Jr. Supporter
  • Retro Credit: 10
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 05:57:12 pm »
Nice work on the 2000 Steve, glad it wasn't too difficult in the end!
As I said the other night, the hardest thing to do is find the motivation to pull the board out and bring it to the soldering bench

BTW my current project is getting the SMD500 running
I have more dead Amigas than working ones!

Offline dextereous

• Grant
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 09:20:25 pm »

You wouldn't be able to post a couple of links perhaps? I got totally lost when I had a search!

Thank you!

P.S. perhaps you could post that in the projects section?

For sure. I'll coble something together over the weekend. Bit of a showcase with relevant links and tips perhaps.

Recent Topics